Two or More IR transmitters simultaneous and One IR Receveir

I'm a electronic newbie. All I know come from Google and this forum. Sorry for the incorrect terms.

The assumptions are: I have two or more ir with different transmission frequencies. Each ir is modulated by a NE555. They are arduino-independent circuits. I have one ir receiver on Arduino. There's the probability that two or more ir transmissions are simultaneous.

Is it possible to filter the two or more ir transmissions mixed in one signal?

In my mind I imagine this scenario: IR1: 0101010101... IR2:000100010001..

resulted wave is the sum IR1+IR2

Is possible to read the 0 and 1 of the wave to apply an algorithm to divide the two signals? This is how I would see it as a computer programmer.

Or what would be the fastest and most effective way electronically? Could you suggest me links, circuits, examples?

From what I understand, I think I need a Frequency Division Multiplexing but I have not figured out if I can solve it only with the software or do I need a specific hardware.

No it is unlikey you can achieve what you want.

You will need to study a bit more about IR to understand the issues.

I suggest you google for "sb project ir" and you will find a great site which explains IR very well. Then play with the IRremote or IRLib libraries for Arduino. After all of that you will have a better understanding of the issues.

In general, there are ways to minimise the chance of an overlap, by sending signals from each Tx circuit at different intervals (every 2 secs from one and every 3 secs from the other) and sending each signal 2 or 3 times, which in an [u]ideal[/u] environment would ensure you get at least one good signal. You would have to play around with different timings.