Two questions about SERVOs

I was playing with a servo for a few hours and 4,600mAh got drained completely. Are the servo's such a thirsty things? I measured current on this servo and it was less than 200mA when it was moving. That should make servo run for days not hours. Servo is Power HD 1501MG High Speed.

So my first Q is, after I get servo into a desired position, can I turn the power off? Just to conserve the juice.

Second question is regarding the spec. According the the spec. given by the manufacturer, servo should turn 60 degrees of angle in about 0.15sec at 5.5Vdc. Well, that is very far from real. It takes 0.33sec for 60 degs. Is there something I can do to reach the spec sheet's speed?

I was playing with a servo for a few hours and 4,600mAh got drained completely. Are the servo's such a thirsty things? I measured current on this servo and it was less than 200mA when it was moving. That should make servo run for days not hours. Servo is Power HD 1501MG High Speed.

How do you know your batterys are properly charged or are good and capable of holding the rated specs? 200ma is an unloaded moving spec. If the servo is holding a load, the current might exceed 1000ma.

So my first Q is, after I get servo into a desired position, can I turn the power off? Just to conserve the juice.

You can detach the servo, but the servo will go limp and not hold position if under load. If the servo is stationary and not under any load, then the servo h-bridge is really not passing any current so detaching it would not gain much.

According the the spec. given by the manufacturer, servo should turn 60 degrees of angle in about 0.15sec at 5.5Vdc. Well, that is very far from real. It takes 0.33sec for 60 degs. Is there something I can do to reach the spec sheet's speed?

Speed specs for servos are probably given for no load conditions at the max rated voltage of typically ~6v. Reduce the supplied voltage or add a load you can expect drecresed performance.