two RGB common cathode LEDs, one set of pwm pins, arduino nano

Hi,

I figured out how to use up to two RGB common cathode LEDs using all the pwm pins (3, 5, 6, 9, 10, and 11) on an arduino nano. But I'll eventually need to use pins 9-13 for an nrf24l01. So,

1. Is it possible to have two RGB common cathode leds, blinking on different occasions, as different colors, while connected to the same pwm pins (3, 5, 6)? For example, led A would blink purple, stop, and then led B would blink orange, and then stop. If so, what are the possible ways to achieve this?

2. If I had a three RGB common cathode leds - let's call them A, B, and C - would it be possible to have A and C blinking the same color at the same time, and then on a different occasion B and C would blink the same color at the same time. I essentially want C to copy what A or B is doing. A and B wouldn't blink at the same time.

3. Would any of this be easier to achieve with RGB common anode leds? I think I read that common cathodes can't be wired in series, so that approach wouldn't be an option for number 2 (?)

Thanks!

Use WS2812s.