ADC is 10 bits,
then when transferring data via ewart,
the data is divided into two bits of 8,
and then the program on the arduino pc,
collects this data in two packages,
and displays the monitor in the serial,
such a data transfer scheme?
Or do I not understand it correctly?

what type of data transfer or values should I be able to see in the serial port Arduino, for example decimal, hex, 8 bit, 16 bit, etc,
thnx

tindim:
hi all,
me interested to know what type of data the Arduino serial monitor accepts,
chip arduino uno p3 avr atmega328p
ADC is 10 bits,
then when transferring data via ewart,
the data is divided into two bits of 8,
and then the program on the arduino pc,
collects this data in two packages,
and displays the monitor in the serial,
such a data transfer scheme?
Or do I not understand it correctly?

what type of data transfer or values should I be able to see in the serial port Arduino, for example decimal, hex, 8 bit, 16 bit, etc,
thnx

The serial monitor accepts any key you can press on your keyboard.
Paul

thnx,
i mean if I send data from another microcontroller AVR, PIC to serial port,
some data, text, adc or digit, byte,
the transfer data rules are the same
as with other types serial monitors,
because it is uart data transfer and its limitations size data programming language ( C )?
char 8 bit
int 16 bit
unsigned long int 32bit

for example,
if i send adc I need convert 10 bit to 2 packages and send,
and serial monitor will see this data in normal form?

The data it is accepting is in ASCII format. My computer shows 115000 baud, 8 bits, no parity, 1 stop bit. How you interpret and use that data is controlled by your software. Please note some control characters are used such as CR. Here is a link that discusses it in part: https://forum.arduino.cc/index.php?topic=172814.0 If you use the serial port, you will lose the serial console. Consider a unit with more then one serial port or using softwareserial.

If you send as two 8-bit values using .write(), then the arduino ide serial monitor will not understand it and displays garbage. You must write your own code to receive the data and save or plot. I suggest you either look into Processing or Python. Both have very good support for serial port and talking with Arduino via serial port.

The serial port sends 8bit bytes of binary data. Any interpretation of those bytes, whether it's "just ascii", "16bit integers", or "a TCP/IP packet containing XML" requires agreement between the Arduino and the system it is talking to about the details. (obvious example: for 16 bit integers, you can split them up into two 8bit bytes, transmit them one at a time, and put them back together on the other side. But both sides have to agree on which byte is transmitted first."

(This actually turns out to be a relatively complicated problem. JSON, XML, ASN.1, and a bunch of others are all "standards" for "External Data Representation" External Data Representation - Wikipedia )

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.