U8g2lib memory

The library U8g2lib consumes a lot of memory, on arduino uno.

Le croquis utilise 12486 octets (38%) de l'espace de stockage de programmes. Le maximum est de 32256 octets.
Les variables globales utilisent 1545 octets (75%) de mémoire dynamique, ce qui laisse 503 octets pour les variables locales. Le maximum est de 2048 octets.
La mémoire disponible faible, des problèmes de stabilité pourraient survenir.

Is it possible to reduce this ?
What are the possible solutions ?

You are using a lot of SRAM. Probably because you are using a F full buffer style of constructor.

75% SRAM is ok if you do not have arrays on the stack or recursive code.

Always put anonymous strings in Flash memory e.g. with F("message")
and be careful with variable types and array sizes.

David.

Take a look in the \examples folder of the the library, there are diffenent memory buffer options there.

lilyanay:
Hi, I’m looking for the simplest, most memory-efficient way to display text on this little OLed display module i got. I’ve tried some different libraries and examples, but can’t narrow it all down to simple text displaying

Its not a good idea at all to hijack a thread, its get very confusing, not knowing who is responding to what.

And your question is not about the U8g2lib which is the subject of this thread.

So start your own thread, you will get far better answers.

So start your own thread on the subject, you will get far better answers that way.

Hi,
thanks for your guidance.

I already use the non buffered API, on this "hello world test". The changed from buffered to non buffered was only few percents.

I'm actually putting all pieces of the software together, I'll see if that's a problem at the end...