U8glib.h error message

“u8glib_arduino_v1.17.zip” was add to the Arduino IDE via “Add .ZIP Library…” for use of the Full Graphic Smart Controller.

Upon compile/upload…

Code snippet from Marlin’s 3d printer firmware:

#include <U8glib.h>

#ifndef CONFIGURATION_H
#define CONFIGURATION_H

I get the following error message…

Short version:

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

In file included from Marlin.h:22:0,

from cardreader.cpp:1:

Configuration.h:1:20: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory

#include <U8glib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

This report would have more information with
 "Show verbose output during compilation"
 enabled in File > Preferences.

Long version:

Arduino: 1.6.3 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)"

Build options changed, rebuilding all

Using library LiquidCrystal in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal 

Using library SPI in folder: C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI 

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\tools\avr/bin/avr-g++ -c -g -Os -w -fno-exceptions -ffunction-sections -fdata-sections -fno-threadsafe-statics -MMD -mmcu=atmega2560 -DF_CPU=16000000L -DARDUINO=10603 -DARDUINO_AVR_MEGA2560 -DARDUINO_ARCH_AVR -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\variants\mega -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\libraries\LiquidCrystal\src -IC:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\libraries\SPI C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1070758060582676053.tmp\cardreader.cpp -o C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1070758060582676053.tmp\cardreader.cpp.o 

In file included from C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1070758060582676053.tmp\Marlin.h:22:0,

from C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1070758060582676053.tmp\cardreader.cpp:1:

C:\Users\Mark\AppData\Local\Temp\build1070758060582676053.tmp\Configuration.h:1:20: fatal error: U8glib.h: No such file or directory

#include <U8glib.h>

^

compilation terminated.

Error compiling.

Any Help here would be MUCH appreciated …Thanks!

restart the ide. add the library over the windows explorer and check the name of the folder. or add the library over sketch → import library and remove #include <u8glib.h>

~Straw

Thanks for the reply ~straw, but I have done all the above, to include trying older versions of the Arduino IDE, to no avail. Everything works as usual after removing #include <U8glib.h> and/or “U8glib.h”–tried both ways. Even trying any one of the supplied sketch examples that comes with U8glib results in the same error…baffling.

I was having the same issue and used this version

https://bintray.com/olikraus/u8glib/Arduino/view

as opposed to the versions from github which the IDE was having trouble locating the file when compiling. Also I'm working on version (1.5.3)

This fix does no longer work, and it says it cannot find the directory as the original poster said. notify me if there is a new version I am missing. (I am using U8glib 1.18.1)

Hi SimonVance, welcome.

We're a full 3 years further, and you're using a version which had 13 major updates in the meantime. The Arduino IDE has had multiple major updates during this time too. Olikraus is very active and offers great support on his libraries. He is a member of this forum, so why not ask him by creating a new question, in which you tell everything there is to tell about your problem.

I'm assuming you did read the How tu use this forum (click !) thread, which is mentioned on top of every section of this forum. By following those guidelines (or instructions if you will), you'll be able to create a comprehensible and functional topic with greater chance to get straight forward answers.

MAS3: Olikraus is very active and offers great support on his libraries.

Well, I try... Meanwhile u8glib is replaced by u8g2... If possible then please use u8g2, which can be installed via Arduino IDE library manager.

Oliver

I am using Arduino IDE version 1.8.7 and i have used this u8g version for ages, here's a link i keep all my libraries backed up online :).

Just delete your current u8glib folder in your libraries folder then place this one there once extracted.

u8glib-Arduino-Master