UART library for message repeating and acknowledgements

Hi Gentlemen :slight_smile: ,

I'm using E32-TTL-1W wireless modules in a project I'm working on, which uses UART interface. I was able to write a simple code with the help from this tutorial, to communicate with each other. But my real requirements are much heavier than that. Below is the setup in brief.

Gateway - Uses GSM module to receive commands (from long distances). E32 to communicate among the Nodes. GPRS to upload data (gathered from Nodes & it's own) to IoT server. Resends commands 'n' times until acknowledgements received.

Nodes - Use E32 to communicate among the Nodes and the Gateway. Have software IDs. Relay messages (repeater) if RecipientID != ThisID. Send acknowledgements upon message receival. Request data from Gateway.

Is there a library/wireless communication protocol I can use, to handle E32 communication? Is there any sample code that can help me? Your assistance is very much appreciated.

E32-TTL-1W Datasheet

Thank you.

I doubt it that there is any sort of library for such a module. Just curious; what is your project all about?

These modules work with SoftwareSerial.h. What I need is a UART protocol to handle the wireless communication.

It is an Environmental monitoring system I'm working on.

eagle01:
These modules work with SoftwareSerial.h. What I need is a UART protocol to handle the wireless communication.

I already know that they're serial modules, but (as I said before) I doubt there are any libraries for your specific module. You're going to have to do that yourself. I don't think it would be very difficult, just a little tedious.

You'd better start reading that datasheet.

Pardon me. I was expecting something like MySensors.h. I’m working on the code. I would very much appreciate if you could find me some online help to assist my code development. Thanks.

Investigate PJON
Maybe you will find some solution for your idea!