Ublox Neo 6m -0-001 GPS

Hi guys,

Any of you know the distance precision of the Ublox Neo 6m GPS? self experience or anything.

If possible, any solid numbers? thanks.

Please read the forum rules, it will tell you how to ask a question.

In your case you should supply a link to what you have as most people have no idea as to what your device is.

Hi,

Sorry here is the link to a website store that sells the GPS depicted above.

Hi Jordan, it looks like a really nice device, especially for eighteen bucks! I just built a prototype gps device using Adafruit's Ultimate GPS, which is nice, but 40 bucks! I think I'll investigate using this device in a further refinement.

According to the data sheet, this is an L1 device. L1 is the designation for commercial devices, and has approximately 10 meters of positional accuracy (give or take, depending on conditions.) L2 is for military use with sub-centimeter accuracy, and is generally unavailable to the public.

ps, one of the things you will learn when you read the link Mike pointed to, is that doing your research will often lead you to the answer.

jordano00:
Hi guys,

Any of you know the distance precision of the Ublox Neo 6m GPS? self experience or anything.

If possible, any solid numbers? thanks.

The datasheet will tell you solid numbers:

This tells you:

Horizontal position accuracy  GPS 2.5 m

Whereby the theoretical and the actual position accuracy depend on the GPS signal quality and

• how many GPS sattelites are in view
  • where the GPS satellites are placed above you
  • whether you only receive satellite signals directly or also reflected signals from buildings around you
    and so on and so on.

In most reception conditions the actual position accuracy is worse than the theoretical value.

A hint about how much worse the actual conditions are compared to optimal GPS reception conditions are also contained in the NMEA sentences. For horizontal positioning accuracy it is the HDOP value: