UIPEthernet Library not listed

Very strange this, and I can’t yet find a solution.

Am wanting to use the UIPEthernet library.

Using IDE 1.5.2

Have downloaded, opened the zip, and extracted all to the folder …\libraries\UIPEthernet ( same libraries folder as all my other libraries ).

Folder name is UIPEthernet and files UIPEthernet.cpp and UIPEthernet.h do exist in the folder.

But it does not show in the list of libraries or examples, and gives errors when I compile ( likely because the library is not being recognised by the ide ? ).

Have done the same process with other libs ( like Webduino library ) and works perfectly.

So is UIPEthernet broken ?

You might need to restart all IDE instances to reread libs available (this can be done from menu too, but I do not know from which version)

robtillaart: You might need to restart all IDE instances to reread libs available (this can be done from menu too, but I do not know from which version)

Thanks. Tried that and even restarted the PC. No change.

maybe this page has some additional tips - http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries -

robtillaart: maybe this page has some additional tips - http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/Libraries -

Thanks.

Have already tried those steps.

Can't import in the IDE as the error says :

The library "arduino_uip-master" cannot be used. Library names must contain only basic letters and numbers. (ASCII only and no spaces, and it cannot start with a number ).

So I did the manual unzip and added to the libraries folder.

Still does not compile, or show in the examples, or listed in the 'import' list.

Also reasonably sure I am doing it correct, as I also did the Webduino library the same, and that does show.

OK. Got this solved.

It was an IDE version issue - I can't explain why, but in IDE version 1.5.2 it would not show.

I have just downloaded and installed version 1.5.6 r2 and copied my sketch to a 'code' folder, and the UIPEthernet folder to the libraries folder, and all works and compiles.

Could it be that the earlier IDE version was missing some other component that the UIPEthernet was assuming would be there ?