Ultr low power wirelss module

I wonder how much current will it take to power the arduino at the 2V mode? and what would be the reciever in this case?

About 2 mA in active mode at 4 MHz, 100 nanoA in power down sleep mode.

The processor data sheet has all the details.

@answerz, your topic has been moved to a more suitable location on the forum; introductory tutorials is not for questions :wink:

1 Like

Thanks, everyone for the help. it turned out that I will need a transmitter with even less power usage. I will put a post when I get a better idea of the requirment.

Thank you again

An NRF24L01 as transmitter and receiver might not cover that distance on their lowest transmit power setting, unless you start messing around with antennas a lot.

A LoRa 2.4Ghz SX1280, at the same power, would cover that distance easily.

The SX126x UHF series LoRa devices can go down to -9dBm transmit power so reducing battery requirements. At this low power you could get a few kilometers.

One issue not often realised about LoRa is that since it is long range compared with other RF methods, it can provide communications at a particular distance at much lower power.

I will read the datasheet. However, if anyone knows of a module that consumes ~2mA or less and covers less distance that would be ok. the priority is power because it is out of my control. after that, it is the distance. if I can get 10~30 meters that would be non-ideal but acceptable.

Transmit for short range (5m) and retransmit with regular transmitter ?

What module can transmit for 5 meters using 2 mA or less?

In my old book.
Frequency of transmitter is temperature dependent so there is no need for temperature sensor, at 25 deg C, transmitting frequency is 750 kHz, 1.3V, 0.3mA

FullSizeRender

Other post/duplicate DELETED
Please do NOT cross post / duplicate as it wastes peoples time and efforts to have more than one post for a single topic.

Continued cross posting could result in a time out from the forum.

Could you also take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.

Other general help and troubleshooting advice can be found here.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

There are many other parts of the equation than voltage and current of the power source e.g.,

• receiver sensitivity
  • antenna gain
  • bandwidth
  • signal encoding
  • signal processing
  • forward error correction
  • use of frequency band sub-GHz or 2.4GHz ISM vs licensed bands
  • operating environment ( city vs quiet country side)
  • component and system cost
  • development time and cost

How old is that book? I could find references to AF514 and AF516 germanium mesa transistors, manufactured in 1967. No AF416.

[Tranzystor mesa – Wikipedia, wolna encyklopedia](W Polsce pod koniec lat 60. XX wieku uruchomiono w fabryce Tewa produkcję tranzystorów mesa germanowych typu AF514-AF516)

2mA ?

You gave the impression that the requirement was 50mA, thats quite a difference and quite a problem.

If I had known the limit was 2mA, I would not have wasted my time describing the LoRa modules.

Any other requirements you have not revealed ?

I apologise I thought it was 50 mA intially, but than I Learned it was 2 mA. no other requirements.

https://alltransistors.com/crsearch.php?mat=Ge&struct=PNP&pc=0.075&ucb=32&uce=15&ueb=2&ic=0.01&tj=75&ft=75&cc=3&hfe=50&caps=TO7

I think 2n3904 will work, just reverse battery polarity and 100k , 50k resistors.

here is another one, 150m, 1.5V, 3mA.
https://nice.artip.ru/miniatyurnyy-radioperedatchik-s-pitaniem-ot-batarei-dlya-karmannyh-chasov

No, it is not. Here are the important measurements, in your own post #16:

OCV = 0.5 V , SCC = 1mA.

Why bother to post if you don't follow up on the replies?

Use the LTC3108 energy harvesting module, linked in post #17, and you can use any 3-5V transmitter to send a short burst of data.

Thank you