Ultrasonic cleaning bath?

Hey everyone!

This is my first post here as I recently came into possession of an arduino UNO- haven't done a project yet either (and i have very little electronics knowledge, but a lot of desire to learn!).

Out of curiosity, would it be possible to use my UNO to power (perhaps with some kind of amplification) 4 or 5 ultrasonic transducers mounted under a stainless bin at a specific frequency- say 44kHz?

Having it on a timer would be nice too, but at first, just being able to turn it on and off would be a great start. Any words of wisdom on what addons- I should look into tracking down?

Thanks!

Zac

Theoretically this is possible but depends on the transducers you are using. Do you have a link to the datasheet of them?

Is that frequency from the spec sheet, or a guess? You'll need drivers at whatever frequency you decide on, even small cleaners require tens of watts of power.

Would these work?? (if they're legit, of course - and let's say, I would like to find out. :-) )

http://www.ebay.com/itm/55W-ULTRASOUND-ULTRASONIC-transducer-/330757940388?pt=BI_Signal_Sources&hash=item4d02b5a4a4

Okay, so maybe I need some dc transducers, but is there any way to make an ultrasonic bath somewhat easily with an arduino?

Zeeko: would it be possible to use my UNO to power (perhaps with some kind of amplification) 4 or 5 ultrasonic transducers mounted under a stainless bin at a specific frequency- say 44kHz?

If a 44KHz square wave is all you want, an Arduino is overkill. You could achieve that with a simple 555 timer.