Ultrasonic Leak Sensor

Hi guys i want to build a ultrasonic leak detector/sensor circuit. I bought two of the HC-SR04 and try to set one of them as a receiver one of them as a transmitter but no resault. Both work great when i try them as a range sensor but what i need is one transmitter and one receiver.

I need to put the transmitter into the container so it will generate a wawe while i am outside with the receiver on my hand looking for that sound wave. If my receiver pick up the wave its mean there is a leak in that container if not tha everything is perfect.

So can anyone please help me how to build it. Is that possible to use HC-SR04 as a receiver and transmitter not both if so how can i do that or if you guys have any other ideas please help me.

Thank you all)

I need to put the transmitter into the container so it will generate a wawe while i am outside with the receiver on my hand looking for that sound wave. If my receiver pick up the wave its mean there is a leak in that container if not tha everything is perfect.

I don’t know what material your container is but most are not soundproof, so even if you get the transmission from one HC-SR04 to the other running, you probably won’t detect leaks with it.

The HC-SR04 detects the returned signal itself, so if you don’t send a signal with the same module, it will never detect any other signal. I don’t know if it’s possible to modify the circuit to detect foreign signals.

The Arduinos that are controlling the transmitter and receiver need to be coordinated so that the receiving Arduino "knows" when to trigger its HC to begin listening. The coordination can be done with a wired connection between the two Arduinos or wirelessly. This has been done and mentioned in posts on this forum; that is, the OP can find "how to" info here by searching...

At a higher level, it may be possible to hack the HC to use only its receiving front end - the amplifiers and comparator (in which case the coordination would not be needed).