Ultrasonic transducer devlopment board

Sir / Madam,

I am looking for a development board to interface my 1 MHz ultrasonic transducer.

It has three wires red (+), white (-) and yellow (shield).

I need the board to be configured with both signal transmission and echo reception circuit.

My application is for measuring the distance between sensor and target under high noise conditions.

Kindly suggest available boards which may be suitable for my application.

Awaiting your reply.

Regards,

RAJEEV. K. NAIR

You need to start by posting here a link to the datahseet for the transducer, so we know what it actually is.

Knowing the wire colours doesn't quite help.

Sir / Madam,

I have attached the datasheet to this mail. Kindly go through it.

Regards,
Rajeev

1.pdf (106 KB)

We really need more information about the sensor.

Hi Larry,

Kindly explain what kind of information you require. If i know anything at all about the sensor, it is from this datasheet.

Regards,

Rajeev

rajeevknair2012: I have attached the datasheet to this mail. Kindly go through it.

That's not a datasheet. A datasheet would have a company name, a part number, DC and AC electrical characteristics, waveforms, and MUCH more,

What is the manufacturer's name, and what is the part number? Perhaps we can find a datasheet for it.

Hi Larry,

Please go through below given link to know more about the sensor company and other relevant details.

http://www.longsun-acoustic.com/html_products/Battery-solution-concentration-measurement-transducer-383.html

Regards,
Rajeev

Tried to understand what that sensor does. Read half a dozen google hit and pdf files. I still don't really what the sensor does exactly so let's just START a discussion of how to help you.

From google results, ultrasonic piezoelectric elements may detect change of liquid density. This change may indicate concentration of chemical has changed. Is this what you want to do? If it is, I don't think Arduino is right for the job. It was interesting read about physics and chemistry though so not a waste of my time at all.

Yes that is what I had planned finally. But for now i need to show if the transducer is working. Please tell me if it can be done with arduino. As shown in the datasheet I had attached, the transducer has three wires: RED (+) WHITE (-) and YELLOW (shield)

Does anyone else have a problem with this

The electrolyte concentration, density measurement

and this

Can be used under the environment of weak acid or weak base

?

Are we talking battery electrolyte or bodily electrolyte?

@OP - have you got a means of generating a 400V waveform at 1MHz?

As AWOL pointed out, some special equipment is needed to test the sensor. Arduino is not able to provide the capability. From further reading, I think I know what this is about: oscillating the sensor at around 1MH, which is its resonant frequency, and detecting the shift of this resonant frequency when liquid concentration changes. The higher the liquid density (due to concentration change), the more mass the oscillator has to interact in order to oscillate, thus the lower the resonant frequency.

I've only done low frequency resonant circuits so I'm projecting my experience beyond my comfort zone:

You need a source that generates the frequency at 1MHz and the voltage required (400V?). This source needs to be able to sweep frequency. You also need a means to monitor the current of the circuit to detect maximal current flow (near resonant frequency). You then feed the sweeping frequency to the sensor and immerse it in liquid for testing. The source should have a digital output in sync of the frequency sweep to trigger an oscilloscope. Then you convert the circuit's current into voltage and plot it on the scope. The sweep rate and scope time axis tells you the resonant frequency. The graph is a flat line and a sharp peak. As you vary liquid concentration, the sharp peak moves as a response.

Does the above sound familiar to the OP or anyone else here that have ACTUALLY done resonant circuits around 1MHz?