Ultrasound as a carrier

Hello all,
I am working on a new project. The aim is to measure pH and temperature under the water. The measured value is to be transmitted to a buoy at the surface using Ultrasound. I have the following questions:

1. What are the requirements needed for using ultrasound as the carrier?

2. I am planning to use Arduino Mega and HC SR04 Ultrasound. The Arduino is interfaced to HC SRo4 and also to a temperature. Is Arduino capable of sending sensor data through Ultrasound?

3. Some say that HC SR 04 is not for underwater purpose. If that is not so, what are the good Ultrasound transducers?

With regards

What are the requirements needed for using ultrasound as the carrier?

Probably depends on your modulation scheme and your required data rates.

I am planning to use Arduino Mega and HC SR04 Ultrasound

What for?
Depth-sounding?

Some say that HC SR 04 is not for underwater purpose

No, not "some", but "all" say that, particularly the manufacturers.

If that is not so, what are the good Ultrasound transducers?

No idea, but maybe start with transducers designed for the environment, like fish-finders, and build your own electronics.

Why use ultrasound to transmit information? Wire works well, is cheap and easy to use.

AWOL

1. Since I must send only sensor data, the required data rates may be up to several tens of kbps.
  2. No for transmitting measured values of temperature and pH. My plan is to use HC SR 04 for communication
  3. Can you suggest transducers desinged for such environment?
  1. Since I must send only sensor data, the required data rates may be up to several tens of kbps.

Yeah, I'm liking the wire idea too.

My plan is to use HC SR 04 for communication

Yes, you said that - that's a bit like using a moped as a food-mixer.

1. Can you suggest transducers desinged for such environment?

I thought I had.

No it cannot be wired. We are developing a prototype of something which can be implemented in future.

You said "I thought I had" You mean you had suggested that earlier? If yes please point me to that. I am not finding.

If that is not so, what are the good Ultrasound transducers?

No idea, but maybe start with transducers designed for the environment, like fish-finders, and build your own electronics.

And now I find a cross-post

Thread locked.