Unable to compile code (Solved)

I am brand new to arduino and I'm working on a simple blinking light program and I received this error when I attempted to verify the code. I am using Arduino 1.6.8 on a windows 10 computer

Arduino: 1.6.8 (Windows 10), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

C:\Users\qwert\AppData\Local\Temp\build3c8ed4d477854ef947131f118a631019.tmp/core\core.a(main.cpp.o): In function `main':

C:\Program Files (x86)\Arduino\hardware\arduino\avr\cores\arduino/main.cpp:46: undefined reference to `loop'

collect2.exe: error: ld returned 1 exit status

exit status 1 Error compiling for board Arduino/Genuino Uno.

This report would have more information with "Show verbose output during compilation" option enabled in File -> Preferences.

This report would have more information with "code". :)

void loo(){

So, there is NO loop() function. Why don't you add one?

void loo(){

Sometimes I have to ask, did you read the error message and even take a cursory look at the code with the message in mind? It says undefined reference to loop, which would have, even knowing absolutely nothing about what the error meant, at least made me look at this line and see the mistake. It's not like the compiler messages are written in chinese or something. You could tell it was complaining about something named loop.

Delta_G: void loo(){

Sometimes I have to ask, did you read the error message and even take a cursory look at the code with the message in mind? It says undefined reference to loop, which would have, even knowing absolutely nothing about what the error meant, at least made me look at this line and see the mistake. It's not like the compiler messages are written in chinese or something. You could tell it was complaining about something named loop.

Sorry I am completely new to coding and didn't understand the error message. Thank you for your help. I will better examine any future issues before posting on the forums

Yeah - the compiler messages can be a little opaque. The difficulty is that they were written by people who write compilers, and they have a vocabulary for dealing with that particular problem space which can be gobbledigook if you don't have at least a little CS - the words in question here being 'declare', 'define', and 'refer'.

What really frosts my toasties is when the compiler produces an error message with a line number, and the line has an obvious typo, and it's clear the OP hasn't even looked at it.

We can forgive this OP a little, because he didn't write main.cpp and you can't even see it.

PaulMurrayCbr: the words in question here being 'declare', 'define', and 'refer'.

To me the big key is "loop". If I wrote the code I'm thinking where do I know that word from? Let's look at that line.

To me the big key is "loop"

To me, too. What I'm going to do is look for "loop" in the code I typed/copied and pasted. Not finding it would make me go hmmm.

I get an error "'LED_BUILTIN' was not declared in this scope" when verifying the program BLINK to load into my new UP2 board using the Arduino Web Editor.

magnum44: I get an error "'LED_BUILTIN' was not declared in this scope" when verifying the program BLINK to load into my new UP2 board using the Arduino Web Editor.

i got the same problem while i was compiling it , do you have any solution to that .

i got the same problem

You certainly do. You, too, failed to post any code. You, too, failed to say what board you were compiling for. You, too, failed to mention anything about version numbers.