Unable to connect to usb

Same, when the first time I connect the board my computer respond to it, but after a few time using it the Arduino. The program couldn’t recognize the board. When I checked device manager ther is no in formation from the board and I have tried every thing on youtube and it still doesn’t work.
Someone please help!!

Mack0771:
Same, when the first time I connect the board my computer respond to it, but after a few time using it the Arduino. The program couldn’t recognize the board. When I checked device manager ther is no in formation from the board and I have tried every thing on youtube and it still doesn’t work.
Someone please help!!

Bad connections? You have blown up your board; was anything connected when the problems started? If so, what?

@Mack0771, please do not hijack. Thread split.

Yes it was a cnc shield

The board sems okay, no burnt smell or anything suspicious.

Which shield? Link please. Was anything connected to the shield?
Which Arduino are you using?
2)
Power led still working? Did you check the 5V with a multimeter?
3)
Except for the case of bad connections, no communication indicates that the USB-to-TTL converter (on a real Uno or Mega, the 16U2) is possibly gone to heaven. Was the board powered from external power and connected to USB at the same time?
4)
Does the pin 13 led still give a couple of flashes when you power up the board? If not, the main micro is probably gone.
5)
If the code that is currently loaded did flash a led or sound a buzzer or whatever, does it still do so? With the shield connected, does the currently loaded code still do what it is supposed to do? If not, again my conclusion would be that the main micro is gone.

(4) and (5) are there to determine the extent of the damage. If only the USB-to-TTL is gone, you can buy a so-called FTDI cable and hook that up to the RX and TX pins of the Arduino.

1 Like

Sterretje waht is your email address?
So I can send some picture of my Arduino Uno board. Because I am still a beginner and I do not know lots of Arduino yet. Or I can give my email to you!
Any way thank you for your help

You can attach pictures here using the reply button and attach them. Not sure if they will help much.

I didn’t worked. Any way the board is Arduino Uno the board that was attached to it is cnc shield v3 and one motor drivers A4988. The board is on and the L yellow light is on too (it blink few times and stops)

OK, if the pin 13 led still flashes after reset, your main micro is more than likely still OK. I see three options
1)
New board, the easiest.
2)
USB-to-TTL cable (5V version for an Uno); connect to RX and TX on the Arduino and press reset when you want to upload or buy one that also has DTR and solder DTR to the reset pin. For the latter, I think you can find exact instructions on the web or somebody else can climb in.
3)
Buy an ICSP programmer that programs the Arduino via the 6-pin header on the board or use another Arduino as a programmer.

I don't think that I can help further.

Yes the pin 13 led did flash, but know it stay solid. Can I still use the method number 2?

Sorry it dit flashes

Hey do you think this will work?ARDUINO- Upgrading USB FIRMWARE using FLIP - YouTube

You can give that a shot. If the 16U2 died (physically), it will not work, but you will only know once you try.

Alright I’ll try it on the weekend and see how it goes.
Thanks