I have been trying to fire webhooks in mongodb realm via API calls through secure SSL connections unsuccessfully from my MKRGSM1400 board.
I have tried using the MKRGSMSSLClient example, which uses the ArduinoBearSSL library. I have also tried with the GsmSSLWebClient example, unsuccessfully.
Here the things I have tried:
- Enabled MODEM.Debug() to see the AT commands. Nothing super exciting there. (will include the output in a subsequent note)
- Manually added the digicerts certificates used by the server into the list of root certs in the library. No luck
- tested using client.setCertificateValidationLevel(0);
- Same code to arduino.cc works fine.
- Connections without ssl get a 301 response from server.
- I found another issue reported regarding connecting to mongodb realm/stitch (here for reference "Chain could not be linked to a trust anchor" using mongoDB stitch · Issue #6209 · esp8266/Arduino · GitHub), which uses ESP8266WiFi. This user found that using setInsecure() makes it work.
- Is there a way to get more detailed TCP logs from a GSM connection in the arduino board?
- Would it be possible to implement setInsecure() in SSL connections via GSM?
- Any additional suggestions in how to troubleshoot this further will be greatly appreciated