unable to find correct drivers connect Arduino Uno

Hallo,

I'd like to kindly ask for help with my Arduino. I'm total amateur in Arduinos, nor a kind of geek, however I need to solve this problem.

I use Arduino Uno (build in hardware bought from Opensprints, year of buy 2013), I connect it to Win 7 64bit. I'm able to use it for the original purpose - i installed FTDI drivers etc. and all is working OK. That really pushed my "computer" skils to new gallaxy, so you can imagine what type of user I am.

However, there is new software for the hardware (where the Arduino is used) that needs to upload new code (is it called sketch?). When I try it using Arduino IDE, I get 10x errors:

avrdude: stk500_recv(): programmer is not responding avrdude: stk500_getsync() attempt 1 of 10: not in sync: resp=0x29

Reading this forum I realized the Arduino is not somehow connected. I tried to update drivers in Device Manager, but all I get all the times is COde 10: Device cannot start (or something similar).

i tried 10 different approaches from people here in forum, but nothing helps me.

Do you have any help for me?

Thank you

Maros

new software for the hardware? what new software?

well, maybe I named it wrong.

See here: https://github.com/cwhitney/SilverSprint.

Installation

Download the Arduino Desktop IDE Use the IDE to upload this custom sketch file to the Arduino Uno in the OpenSprints Hardware. To restore the OpenSprints default upload the basic_msg sketch.

I have not used that software so I don't know how it is suppose to interact with the Arduino. It appears to overwrite the firmware in the Arduino, so you need to contact the programmer of that software.

no need for you to understand the software or all around. And that is not my question. All I need to solve how to upload that script to arduino the same way as you do it when you want to upload anything to your arduino. the problem is that I cannot upload it.

mahroch: no need for you to understand the software or all around. And that is not my question. All I need to solve how to upload that script to arduino the same way as you do it when you want to upload anything to your arduino. the problem is that I cannot upload it.

You changed the firmware in the Arduino so if the Arduino IDE doesn't work anymore to upload your sketches, then you need to contact the programmer of the firmware you uploaded.

excuse my poor english, maybe I didn't explain the problem clearly. Maybe I not use words firmware / script / software correctly ...

so I give it anyther try.

Arduino uses old script for sending data to software called GoldpsrintFX. It is working OK, correctly etc. But it is old software. I want new software called Silversprint, that needs new version of script in Arduino that sends different data to the Silversprint software..

I wanted to upload the new script to arduino (to run the new software silversprint), but I was not successful. I could not uploade the new script to arduino.

Arduino is now still running on the original script. But I need the new script to run the new software.

Check to see if the Arduino is recognized in Windows 7 64-bit. Doesn't sound like it is.

You probably refer to the status of Arduino in Device manager. As far as I understand it, it uses some kind of standard FTDI driver.

When I try to change it to "correct" Arduino driver (from Program files x86/Arduino/Drivers/arduino.inf), it shows the Code 10 and write the device cannot start. The device is shown with yellow triangle withe exclamation mark. (i tried to explain it in my first post).

I tried different approaches and advices form people here in forum, but nothing helped :(

If you have a clone it probably doesn't have a FTDI chip.

i believe it is original. see attachment with photo of what I can see inside.

mahroch: i believe it is original. see attachment with photo of what I can see inside.

That side doesn't tell you anything.

I know, but I have nothing better to show. I cannot dismantle it, because it is the end of the hardware :smiley: