Unable to find Serial port corresponding to Arduino Uno

Hi,
I got a genuine Arduino starter kit recently. The problem is that the IDE is not able to find the Serial Port that corresponds to the Arduino; There are two ports listed both of which are bluetooth devices currently connected to my computer. Now, I have followed many of the suggestions from the online forums (namely installing the CH340 USB-SERIAL driver) but all have failed to do the job.
I am using a usb hub (because I can't do anything otherwise thanks to Apple!) but am not sure if that could be the source of these issues!?
I am using a 2019 MacBook Pro with MacOS Mojave 10.14.6. And for a little bit of contrast, I did not run into any issues with a windows laptop I borrowed to try this on.
Any help would be much appreciated!
Thanks

Kiastien:
namely installing the CH340 USB-SERIAL driver

If it's truly a genuine Arduino Starter Kit, then those suggestions don't apply. Only the Uno derivatives made by 3rd party companies use the CH340. Arduino does not use the CH340 on any of their official boards.

Kiastien:
I am using a usb hub (because I can't do anything otherwise thanks to Apple!) but am not sure if that could be the source of these issues!?

Often we recommend trying a USB 2.0 hub between a USB 3.0 port on the computer and the Arduino when people are having this sort of problem because the USB 3.0 is known to cause problems sometimes. I haven't heard of a hub causing a problem like this, only solving them.