Unable to install drivers for Uno

Hi, I have the Uno and I'm using Windows 7. I downloaded the Windows software, arduino-0022.zip, and extracted it to my hard drive. However, when I used device manager to update the driver, Windows was unable to find the drivers when I selected the drivers/ folder. I don't know if this matters, but the Arduino Uno device did not appear in COM/LPT ports but under "Other devices". When I browsed to the folder using file explorer, I didn't see any files, though I was expecting a .inf file that was mentioned in the quick start guide. I checked "show hidden files" just to make sure and still nothing. When I look at the arduino-0022.zip file, there is a folder for drivers/ with the FTDI USB Drivers/ subfolder, but there are no files in either. What do you guys think I did wrong?

I don't know if this matters, but the Arduino Uno device did not appear in COM/LPT ports but under "Other devices".

When the drivers are correctly installed, the device will move to the COM/LPT ports section.

My drivers folder contains the FTDI USB drivers folder plus two files, Arduino.UNO.inf and Arduino.Mega 2560.inf.

It is the .inf files that the driver install process is looking for. You need to define the folder where these files are, not files themselves, if I remember correctly.

I just downloaded the arduino .zip file again and this time, the files appear. I guess something happened during the download of the file the first time and the files were lost somehow.

Edit: Alright, got the drivers installed. Appears as COM now. Thanks.