Unable to load files on to sd card

Anytime I try to place something in the www folder in the sd card connected to my yun I get the following message.

"Warning: Problem accessing board folder www/sd"

I am also unable to access the sd card by using the address in the web server tutorial "192.168.x.x/local/sd"

I have placed a www folder inside of my sketch folder, and have also placed a folder called "arduino" with a sub folder "www" on the sd card itself. I have read a couple other posts on this, however I cant seem to find anything to get mine to work. Any ideas? Thanks!

I have successfully accessed files placed in the www folder from a sketch and a python script.
I used this path notation: /www/sd/myfile.txt

mamu:
I have successfully accessed files placed in the www folder from a sketch and a python script.
I used this path notation: /www/sd/myfile.txt

That doesn't work for me even after manually placing a file on the sd card using my computer. Is there an easy way to check if the sd card is even being recognized by the yun?

Hm, is your file system FAT ? I'm not sure if FAT32 is supported.
Or have you used HFS to format your sd?
To test: make a ssh connection and try to cd to /www/sd

Hi Valerin

try connecting to the Yun using SSH, remove and insert again the SD card and send us the output of the dmesg command

I am unable to cd to www/sd. The flashdrive is formatted as FAT 32. Here is the result of the dmesg command

[ 152.450000] sda: detected capacity change from 16007561216 to 0
[ 165.670000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] 31264768 512-byte logical blocks: (16.0 GB/14.9 GiB)
[ 165.770000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page present
[ 165.770000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[ 165.770000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] No Caching mode page present
[ 165.780000] sd 0:0:0:0: [sda] Assuming drive cache: write through
[ 165.850000] sda: sda1

Hi

the SD card is correctly found (sda1)... but Linino won't create the link /www/sd if it doesn't find the correct folder structure on your SD:

http://www.lucadentella.it/2013/11/12/yun-utilizziamo-una-scheda-sd/

valerin, for the IDE to upload files (as with the TemperatureWebPanel example), your sd car must have a folder named "arduino" with a subfolder "www" (so the folder structure will be SD/arduino/www)

regarding filesystems: yun supports fat32 as well as ext3/4, hfs, ntfs out of the box. support for things like msdos, iso, nfs and others is optional and available as installable packages
yun does NOT support fat64, and I think nothing but the latest windows supports it, so just don't use it.

[quote author=Federico Fissore link=topic=200415.msg1480487#msg1480487 date=1385299742]regarding filesystems: yun supports fat32 as well as ext3/4, hfs, ntfs out of the box. support for things like msdos, iso, nfs and others is optional and available as installable packages
yun does NOT support fat64, and I think nothing but the latest windows supports it, so just don't use it.
[/quote]
Great! Is this already documented elsewhere?

Actually no, the only place is the image configuration file. The packages are the ones whose name starts with "kmod-fs-" in the package repository
Do you mind adding a short paragraph to the playground page?

If it is not time critical I will do.

Where would you expect the article to got?
Arduino Playground - HomePage -> "SD / MMC Card"

Yun playground Arduino Playground - Yun

Have a look here: Arduino Playground - HomePage