Unable to send data from xctu to arduino

Hello,

i am trying to communicate two xbees. one on arduino(Uno) board (no shield, soldered pins and wired on breadboard with a level converter) another with xctu connected by usb. (On bread board XBee connections are VCC, GND, DOUT to Arduino RX and viceversa) Configured and tested both the Xbees with XCTU software without arduino, they are communicating properly. I was able to send and receive data through serial monitor but failed on XCTU send.

I was able to send data from arduino but the problem is I am not able to send data from XCTU software to arduino.

please help

I was able to send data from arduino but the problem is I am not able to send data from XCTU software to arduino.

That seems unlikely. The software is NOT sending data to the Arduino. It is sending data to the XBee, which is expected to broadcast it. The other XBee is supposed to receive it, and make it available for the Arduino to read.

If you have configured the XBees correctly, you've failed to prove that, by showing HOW you have configured them.

If you have connected them to the PC and Arduino correctly, you've failed to prove that by posting schematics.

If you have code on the Arduino to read the serial data from the XBee, you've failed to prove that by posting code.

Thanks for the reply

Data from the XCTU console is not getting at Arduino side. other way worked.

Channel and PAN ID are the same for both Xbees, Dest address and Source address are 0 and 1 for xbee1 and 1 and 0 for xbee2, CE enable is End Device.

Level converter is used for 5 to 3.3 and 3.3 to 5 V conversion, 5V and gnd is given to level converter from arduino board.

Code

#include <SoftwareSerial.h>

SoftwareSerial XBee(10, 11); // RX, TX

void setup()
{
// Set up both ports at 9600 baud. This value is most important
// for the XBee. Make sure the baud rate matches the config
// setting of your XBee.
XBee.begin(9600);
Serial.begin(9600);
}

void loop()
{
if (Serial.available())
{
XBee.write(Serial.read());
delay(1000);
}
if (XBee.available())
{
Serial.write(XBee.read());
delay(1000);
}
}

A likely fix would be to power the XBee off an external supply. NEVER supply one of those off an Arduino board - the on board regulator can't handle it.

Channel and PAN ID are the same for both Xbees, Dest address and Source address are 0 and 1 for xbee1 and 1 and 0 for xbee2, CE enable is End Device.

0 and FF have special meaning. Do not use 0 as a source or destination address.

Thanks for the help...
changed setting and tried, but no change.

uslg:
Thanks for the help...
changed setting and tried, but no change.

Did you look at my last post?

Yes sir, tried ext power as well as configuration setting