Unable to upload sketch after BlinkM Communicator

I've been playing with a BlinkM module using the communicator sketch and their sequencer software. All works swimmingly :). once I was happy that it was all hooked up and working properly I wanted to move on to a sketch that sent it's own commands to the Blinkm..... here lies the problem, I can no longer upload a sketch to the arduino I'm using. Normally, I'd just say ho hum and whack another chip in with the bootloader installed. Unfortunately, in this case it's my yellow jacket :'( it's a surface mount chip so swapping it isn't really practical. The error I receive is:

avrdude: stk500_getsync(): not in sync: resp=0x00 avrdude: stk500_disable(): protocol error, expect=0x14, resp=0x51

However - the sketch is still running as the sequencer software can still upload colour sequnces to the blinkm. This also tells me that serial is working. I've tried a different computer, I've stood on one leg, with one eye closed, humming the national anthem all to no avail. Does anyone have any suggestions?

Is there anything still plugged in? Try unplugging everything. Might be that something's stealing the power.

Have you checked the auto reset on that board (does it have a jumper for it)

humming the national anthem all to no avai

How about backwards? That normally helps 8-)

Mowcius

Thanks Mowcius Yeah nothing plugged in. There's no jumper for auto reset. I've tried and tried to upload using the manual reset button on the yellow jacket. Starting to consider ICSP to burn the bootloader again with another arduino that I have. Anyone done this?

Going to try the Arduino as AVR ISP thing tonight to and resolve this - http://arduino.cc/en/Tutorial/ArduinoISP

Is anyone aware of any major pitfalls?

Is anyone aware of any major pitfalls?

Nope

No Dice :(

Anyone have any other ideas? I think it might be junk :( I guess I could salvage the wifi module.