Unable to upload sketches using USB after using serial.println sketch (OSEPP)

Hi everyone,

I just started working with one of these things today.
http://osepp.com/products/arduino-compatible-boards/uno-r3-plus/

It's my first time using an arduino, so I figured i could use the serial.println function to print some values out on the serial monitor as a form of shitty debugging.

Well one of my sketches features the serial.println function in the main loop. Now i can't seem to upload any new sketches onto the board as the tx led just keeps blinking. I'm told that this mean's it's still transmitting data. The board had never done that before during the upload.

I did the loop test and tried some other suggestions like uploading it with the reset button held down.

I found something about a firmware update? but however i can't seem to find it for this board's controller (ATmega328P)

Also, I'd like to apologize in advance if this question has been asked and answered before, but i've spent the last hour and a half googling and have been unable to find a solution.

File:Preferences, turn on verbose outputs.
Press & Hold the reset button - start the IDE download.
When the IDE shows "compiled xxx of 32xxx bytes" release the reset button.
May take a couple of tries to get the timing right.

Don't print so much stuff next sketch.

Hey Crossroads,

thank you so much for the quick reply. I tried this about 20 times, and it didnt work, but on the 20th time something strange happened: the board had no lights on. I tried uploading the basic blink script again and it rebooted.

Not sure what happened, but thank you very much for your help

Yes, it can take a few tries to get the timing right for that.