Unable to upload to Arduino DUE

I am unable to upload to the board,

When I attempt to upload to the boards, the following errors appear in red:

"/home/ben/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.12/cores/arduino/syscalls_sam3.c: In function '_exit': /home/ben/.arduino15/packages/arduino/hardware/sam/1.6.12/cores/arduino/syscalls_sam3.c:133:24: warning: unused parameter 'status' [-Wunused-parameter] extern void _exit( int status ) ^" and then:

"processing.app.debug.RunnerException at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:152) at cc.arduino.UploaderUtils.upload(UploaderUtils.java:77) at processing.app.SketchController.upload(SketchController.java:732) at processing.app.SketchController.exportApplet(SketchController.java:703) at processing.app.Editor$UploadHandler.run(Editor.java:2047) at java.lang.Thread.run(Thread.java:748) Caused by: processing.app.SerialException: Error touching serial port '/dev/ttyACM0'. at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:107) at cc.arduino.packages.uploaders.SerialUploader.uploadUsingPreferences(SerialUploader.java:136) ... 5 more Caused by: jssc.SerialPortException: Port name - /dev/ttyACM0; Method name - openPort(); Exception type - Permission denied. at jssc.SerialPort.openPort(SerialPort.java:170) at processing.app.Serial.touchForCDCReset(Serial.java:101) ... 6 more" How can I resolve this issue?

Did you try with one of of the previous IDE versions ?

try with any of the previous versions.

delete sam folder in: ...packages/arduino/hardware/sam

(I guess you are not using another ARM board), select one of the previous compiler versions:

in Tools/board manager select Sam 32-bit board Cortex M3

I have switched to IDE Version: 1.8.0, Deleted the SAM folder and then reinstalled it, still the same errors, and no upload.

At that point I have no more ideas than:

*Check that you are using a correct Data USB cable, not only a power USB cable, *Try to upload a code with the programming port first, *Push the Erase button for 3 seconds, then the Reset button for 3 seconds, then try to upload.

Sometimes, after multiple plug/unplug of the board, my PC doesn't recognize the board anymore, I have to power down the PC to "reset" this issue.

Post moved to more suitable section.

Could you take a few moments to Learn How To Use The Forum.
It will help you get the best out of the forum in the future.

Posting tips.

• Your OS and version can be valuable information, please include it along with extra security you are using.
  • Always list the version of the IDE you are using and the board version if applicable.
  • How to insert an image into your post. ( Thanks Robin2 )
  • Add your sketch where applicable but please use CODE TAGS ( </> )
  • Add a SCHEMATIC were needed even if it is hand drawn
  • Add working links to any specific hardware as needed (NOT links to similar items)
  • Remember that the people trying to help cannot see your problem so give as much information as you can