Unconventional/alternative battery recharge?

So, i've got this new rechargeable phone battery that I was planning to use to power my servos for my robot,
However, i don't have a charger, and i need to figure out a way to charge the battery.

Is there any way i could possibly charge the battery with unconventional methods such as via arduino? and how so?

this is the product link: http://www.lenmar.com/lenmar-replacement-battery-for-att-1445-1487-2255-2422-vtech-2111-2551-gz2334-cordless-phones

Thats a very small capacity battery.
How much power does your robot need?

Although small, that is a standard NiMH battery and there are many, many web sites that explain the options for recharging, e.g. NiMH battery technology, how to charge Nickel Metal Hydride Batteries tutorial for design engineers, as well as NiMH chargers.

mauried:
Thats a very small capacity battery.
How much power does your robot need?

tbh idk, its an arduino, and lcd displace, an ultrasonic sensor and two continuous servos.

Servos almost always require 4.8 to 6 volts. That battery will not work.

jremington:
Servos almost always require 4.8 to 6 volts. That battery will not work.

shame :confused: oh well, thanks anyway... but as for future reference, is it possible to charge the battery via arduino?

H TheTurtleKingi,
At 600Ma that battery will only last a short time, I've ordered some Li-ion batteries from Bang-Good in China same size as AA but 3.7v (each) and 1200 Ma. I also use Nimh AA's at 2700Ma (From DX) these run for ages, but by the time you're driving 2 motors and a servo, buzzer, U/S sensor and perhaps a few LEDs the power demand goes up!!

I just recharge Nimh via my bench power supply, or you can find a charger (CCT) using the LM317 reg on the net, etc.

See my early buggy-bots at www.melsaunders.co.uk

Hope it helps, regards.

Mel.