Undefined Index error when posting to mySQL

im attempting to post data to a mySQL database using an ESP8266 shield and XAMPP, when trying to post a variable to the database, i am getting an error that reads and an output of 0 in all the columns of the SQL table.

+IPD,0,345:

<b>Notice</b>:  Undefined index: lic_no in <b>C:\xampp\htdocs\test.php</b> on ieb1/>b/
r/<>oc<> Ueidid:se nbCxmpto\e.h<>oln >2b<r>< ><Ntc/> nfn ne oao  bCxm\to\e.h<>oln<>2b< >Eeedt cefly,LE

is this a problem with the syntax in my attached PHP file?

test.txt (612 Bytes)

That error message is telling you that the variable 'lic_no' was not found in the query string- perhaps you have a spelling error in your code somewhere?

Have you looked in the web-server log on the php side? That should give you a clue about what is sent from the ESP8266.

So im getting a null Value on the SQL database, not the value that im sending. From forums that I've read, i dont think i have initialised the variable properly but after following many instructions, i am still getting exactly the same result

amg982:
So im getting a null Value on the SQL database, not the value that im sending. From forums that I've read, i dont think i have initialised the variable properly but after following many instructions, i am still getting exactly the same result

The code on the Arduino (or pretender) is?
The PHP script is?
The log file contains?

With just some frustrated hand waving, you don't really expect help, do you?