Under water ROV

Hi I am needing guidance to improve my under water ROV right now it is simple toggle switch to power(9v) then to motor(-) then back to switch. This is done with three motors. Only goes down, right, and left. Need to upgrade but not sure on right boards to buy I know the motor Sheild right? But can only use for two motors so do I need to buy 2??? If I am using 3 motors??

Only goes down, right, and left.

One possible upgrade would certainly be to make it go up, too.

Need to upgrade but not sure on right boards to buy

Buy the ones that do what you need them to do. So far, we haven't a clue what you need boards for.

I know the motor Sheild right?

You are asking us whether or not you know the motor shield. How would you us to know whether you know the motor shield or not?

But can only use for two motors so do I need to buy 2???

Maybe you need 12 of them!!!!!!!!!!

You certainly need LESS punctuation.

If I am using 3 motors??

Can't you count? Don't you know how many motors you are using?

PaulS:
One possible upgrade would certainly be to make it go up, too.

That feature could be very useful.

JohnLincoln:
That feature could be very useful.

Often, the motors are there to prevent it going up, so, when a motor or a battery fails (and they will), the device can't help but return to the surface (assuming no overhead obstacles)

Hi ok I apologize for my punctuation, but anyhow my underwater ROV is made of PVC has 3 DC motors with propellers, I wired two 9v in series for each motor, they have toggle switches on/off, i want my upgrade to have variable speed motors that can reverse also. Some lights, light would be good here I would like to put a camera to show live feed, just wanted to see what arduino item is best for project is to use for search and rescue. The arduino will be encapsulated in the ROV connected with tether to my controls...Thanks for the help

You need three motor controllers. Pick those according to the voltage and current requirements of your motors. Pololu has a good selection.

Ok will check them out thanks.