Undergraduate Design Project Virginia Tech

I'm a student at Virginia Tech. I am part of a research team that is attempting to develop a prototype in which wireless communication and data transmission will be necessary. For this purpose, we would like to establish communication between and IMU (VN-100 Development Board by VectorNav) and the Arduino BT, and subsequently transfer measurements back to a computer.

As it is my first time working with equipment of this sort, I'm not really sure where to begin. I know we'll need battery pack power sources, and some form of wiring between the BT and the IMU, but I have no idea how the software that interfaces with the IMU will be effected or how data transmission across the Arduino will work.

Any and all advice, tips, link, and suggestions would be very helpful, even if they don't directly relate to our project goals.

Thanks

I'm not really sure where to begin.

Spend two or three days on the tutorial section of Arduino.cc These examples although simple will explain so much that the time spent is worth its weight in gold ;)

Do you have a (link to the) datasheet of the IMU?

suggestions would be very helpful, even if they don't directly relate to our project goals.

lets see - http://www.floriade.com/ - Guarantee it won't relate to your project goals ;)

Furthermore the description of your project is a bit vague, many of projects here (all?) have to do with communication and data transmission.

What are the measurements? What are the actions? reaction time? Do you have a mathematical model of your system? DO you have a design? saw some Hardware thoughts..

etc..