Understanding and using TFT and mcufriend library functions

I recently bought an MCUfriend 2.4tft for use with a gaming project I’m trying to develop but no documentation. The silkscreen labels it as an St7789v so I looked that up with out the v and it turns out it can be used with the ili9341 adafruit TFT library and the mcufriend_kbv library.

I need to combine these and add a few functions but first I need help understanding the functions. What is pushcolor() and how does it work.

Are these functions getting thier bitmap data from SD or from Progmem. Where and how are the bitmaps stored?

I won’t be using the touch stuff on the screen I just need to display bitmaps and draw Windows and characters and such.

I would also like to use the memory buffer chip onboard the shield. The easiest way looks better to update the TFT library but I don’t know if the chip can be used with it using TFT.

MCUFRIEND_kbv-master.zip (211 KB)

TFTLCD-Library-master-ILI9341-8Bit.zip (145 KB)

Try running the examples from each library and then make small changes to the examples and assess their impact. You should be able to figure things out even without the docs.

What is pushcolor() and how does it work.

I'm not going to download and extract and find that function name, when you could have told us which file contains the function, and which zip file it is in.

Are these functions getting thier bitmap data from SD or from Progmem.

The data for drawing a bitmap is always in PROGMEM.