Understanding working of TSL1401CL

Hi All -

Thanks in advance, for taking out your valuable time for valuable suggestions and support.

I’m working on line camera sensor module TSL1410CL, enclosing the codes, but I, do not know how to infer the data, please help me to infer the data.

Thanks,

Ramesha

line_cam.ino.txt (5.13 KB)

Line_cam_data.txt (25.9 KB)

Line_cam_processing_IDE_code.txt (1.42 KB)

please help me to infer the data.

What do you want to infer from the data?

PaulS: What do you want to infer from the data?

I'm planning to measure the width - using the pixel data

rockwellramesha: I'm planning to measure the width - using the pixel data

The width of what?

AWOL: The width of what?

Width of metal sheets passing on a conveyor

So, at the moment, you're making one complete line reading about once every 13milliseconds. Is that fast enough? How does the data look now? How do you expect it to look?

AWOL: So, at the moment, you're making one complete line reading about once every 13milliseconds. Is that fast enough? How does the data look now? How do you expect it to look?

Yest the speed is fast enough.

Data looks like in my first post line_cam_data.txt.

I, would like data to be where the sheet is present the pixel values to be "1" and where the sheets in not there "0"

I, would like data to be where the sheet is present the pixel values to be "1" and where the sheets in not there "0"

What you would like and what the camera produces, and sends to Processing, may not be the same thing. You have to learn to deal with the data that you get.

PaulS: What you would like and what the camera produces, and sends to Processing, may not be the same thing. You have to learn to deal with the data that you get.

I,know,but the I'm not able to figure out any co-relation/linearity of the data received/

Example:if camera is focused to some fixed object, expect the pixel values to repeat, that is not observed with the data received