Underwater Reciever

Hi guys, I’m not sure if this is the right place to post this so I apologize in advance if that’s the case (I’m new :/)

Essentially I’m designing a system that will have to listen for a ping underwater. So this means some form of transducer to transmit a sound underwater to be picked up by a receiver underwater. The type of situation we are talking about is your average pool so the range really need not be more than your average pool, lets say < 50M.

I’m stuck here, ideally if we can purchase a receiver that will take care of receiving and filtering I would be golden. I can then pass that signal off to the Arduino. But the only receivers I can find online are for oceanography applications, ie way too big and expensive for this application.

Any help is much appreciated.

Thanks,

can you tell us more ?

nightstalk1: Hi guys, I'm not sure if this is the right place to post this so I apologize in advance if that's the case (I'm new :/)

Essentially I'm designing a system that will have to listen for a ping underwater. So this means some form of transducer to transmit a sound underwater to be picked up by a receiver underwater.

Your search term needs to be "hydrophone". Yes commercial ones will be expensive.