Uninstalling LeoJoy

Helo,
It's my first time here and I need your help.

I have recently bought an Arduino Leonardo. I have also installed LeoJoy because I wanted to use it as a joystick. But after that, my Leonardo always appears in Device Manager as device named LeoJoy! and I can no more programm it =(. How can I reset my Leonardo.

I have to admit that I don't have much knowledge yet on the topic so, please, be helpful. Also I cannot buy another Leonardo in order to act as an Isp programmer.

Can you load new code (or the old leonardo bootloader) if you use the manual reset button?

I tried to, and after pressing the reset button, in Device Manager it appears as an arduino in serial port COM9. At this moment I also select COM9 in the arduino IDE. But after a few seconds, the Device Manager shows Leonardo again as LeoJoy! and when I try to compile the code from arduino IDE it says:

"Couldn't find a Leonardo on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board's rest button after initiating the upload."

Mikos_Mikekos:
It says: “Couldn’t find a Leonardo on the selected port. Check that you have the correct port selected. If it is correct, try pressing the board’s rest button after initiating the upload.”

So … you need to press the reset butt after initiating the upload!

(timing is everything - you have to upload before it turns into a joystick)

What does initiating means and how can I do that?

Also, I tried to compile the code just after reset. It stops and it it does not load. Is there any way to reset the firmware without an other Leonardo?

Mikos_Mikekos:
What does initiating means and how can I do that?

See: http://arduino.cc/en/Guide/ArduinoLeonardoMicro?from=Guide.ArduinoLeonardo#toc12

Ok, that worked.
I pressed the reset button, then, I hit upload and I released the reset button after seeing "uploading". Now, my arduino is no more recognised as a LeoJoy. Thank you so much!

Finally, can you explain me why that happens and what is has to do with the Leonardo firmware?

Mikos_Mikekos:
Finally, can you explain me why that happens and what is has to do with the Leonardo firmware?

It's all on that page.

The very next section ("Good coding practice") recommends only running your joystick/keyboard/mouse code if a switch is connected on one of the pins.

If you do that then all you need to do to "fix" it is to open the switch and it will continue to be a serial port after reset.

Ok, thank you!