unipolar stepper motor control with SLA7020 and Arduino

Could you tell if it is posible to drive a an unipolar stepper motor with Arduino and a SLA7020M chip, both obtained from an old Epson 810 printer? Help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!

enriquejulio: Could you tell if it is posible to drive a an unipolar stepper motor with Arduino and a SLA7020M chip, both obtained from an old Epson 810 printer? Help or guidance will be greatly appreciated!

Hey, did you found how to drive stepper using sla7020 ? I also got the same printer ic. I found that there must be two signal inputs for the driver. Please inform me if you succeed in this.

Can you post a link to the SLA7020 datasheet?

...R

https://mpdf1.alldatasheet.com/mobile.jsp?pNo=38356&pMfg=SANKEN&pName=SLA7020M&lang=en That's it, sorry for late reply.

The datasheet says it is a "Unipolar Driver IC" so I guess the answer to your original question is YES. But I have never used one of those drivers so I can't give you any advice about it.

You say the motor and the driver came from a printer - do you know if that driver was used to drive that motor?

...R

Yes, that driver was controlling the stepper motor. By reading the data sheet, I think the pins INa, INb , tdA, tdB should be connected to Arduino and operated according to the table given in data sheet, do you think the same ?

Mande: Yes, that driver was controlling the stepper motor. By reading the data sheet, I think the pins INa, INb , tdA, tdB should be connected to Arduino and operated according to the table given in data sheet, do you think the same ?

As I said earlier, I am not familiar with the driver so I don't want to give misleading advice.

...R

Okay, thanks for your time ;D