Unique Error Message that I cannot find

Arduino: 1.6.7 Hourly Build 2015/11/13 05:42 (Windows 8.1), Board: “Arduino/Genuino Mega or Mega 2560, ATmega2560 (Mega 2560)”

Warning: platform.txt from core ‘Arduino AVR Boards’ contains deprecated recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} “{source_file}”, automatically converted to recipe.preproc.macros="{compiler.path}{compiler.cpp.cmd}" {compiler.cpp.flags} {preproc.macros.flags} -mmcu={build.mcu} -DF_CPU={build.f_cpu} -DARDUINO={runtime.ide.version} -DARDUINO_{build.board} -DARDUINO_ARCH_{build.arch} {compiler.cpp.extra_flags} {build.extra_flags} {includes} “{source_file}” -o “{preprocessed_file_path}”. Consider upgrading this core.
Warning: platform.txt from core ‘Arduino i586 Boards’ contains deprecated recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} “{build.path}/{archive_file}” “{object_file}”, automatically converted to recipe.ar.pattern="{compiler.path}{compiler.ar.cmd}" {compiler.ar.flags} “{archive_file_path}” “{object_file}”. Consider upgrading this core.
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fd doesn’t define a ‘build.board’ preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FD
Board Intel:i586:izmir_fg doesn’t define a ‘build.board’ preference. Auto-set to: I586_IZMIR_FG
WARNING: Category ‘’ in library OneWire is not valid. Setting to ‘Uncategorized’

Sketch uses 1,518 bytes (0%) of program storage space. Maximum is 253,952 bytes.
Global variables use 9 bytes (0%) of dynamic memory, leaving 8,183 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 8,192 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can’t open device “\.\COM11”: The system cannot find the file specified.

avrdude: ser_drain(): read error: The handle is invalid.

Problem uploading to board. See http://www.arduino.cc/en/Guide/Troubleshooting#upload for suggestions.

I have my Arduino Mega 2560 in COM11 and when I test it to other computers, it is working fine. I have a problem with this even with Arduino Galileo. I think it’s because of the software or I installed it in a wrong way. Help me :(( I need this to solve by this week… I tried to reinstall it but it doesn’t work.

In addition, my codes were like this:

void setup(){
pinMode(13, OUTPUT);
}
void loop(){
digitalWrite(13, HIGH);
delay(300);
digitalWrite(13, LOW);
delay(300);
}

Try an earlier version of the IDE. Using the hourly build is living a bit dangerously.

How? I asked my friend to send his installer yet he hasn’t replied

At the top of this page click "Downloads". Select one of the options for version 1.6.6 in the top box. Stay away from the box below that which says hourly build.

Thank you guys :smiley: It really helped me. I hoped this time it works because I need this done by Monday.

You don't need a friend for this. The previous releases are on the web site: