Universal G-Code

Im not sure if 'this is the right place but I cant remember how to copy my UGS setting so I can apply it to another machine .
Thanks

Most sending programs have a setting to SAVE the configuration to a file.
In most cases it would simply be a matter of doing that then IMPORTING them back to a different board using the same program.

If your sending program does not have the ability you could simply copy them down and then manually transfer them.

rogerm22:
Im not sure if 'this is the right place but I cant remember how to copy my UGS setting so I can apply it to another machine .
Thanks

If you are referring to the Universal Gcode Sender program then this not the correct Forum for your question - a Forum that deals with CNC would be more appropriate. This Forum is for helping people write Arduino programs.

Having said that the UGS program probably saves its own settings to a configuration file on your PC. On this Linux laptop there are files in hidden folders /home/robin/.ugs and /home/robin/.ugsplatform. You probably need to copy some or all of the configuration files to your other PC.

...R

This forum does now explicitly deal with CNC, though it used not to.

@MarkT

The CNC tag was added IIRC a little over a year ago.

It was in response a consistent flow of CNC shield related questions related to the Arduino.
Although a few of us are also conversant with some other aspects too such as UGS, GRBL etc.

Cannot promise we know enough to cover everything, and such as MARLIN is better dealt with in the marlin forums elsewhere on the web but we do try our best as your frequent posts in this section testify.

Bob.

MarkT:
This forum does now explicitly deal with CNC, though it used not to.

But only as it relates to helping people write Arduino code for CNC.

Not helping with complex off-the-shelf code like GRBL or Marlin or PC programs that relate to CNC

...R

Perhaps a sticky thread in this forum explaining this and directing to more specialized forums?

MarkT:
Perhaps a sticky thread in this forum explaining this and directing to more specialized forums?

Feel free to knock something up it can be attached to the readme !

This topic was automatically closed 120 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.