UNO + 16,2 LCD keypad + HC05 == Crash

My project which contains UNO 16,2 sainsmart lcd keypad and now HC05 as master, was working fine until I replaced wired serial communication with rf via the HC05.
The problem is whenever I connect the TX pin from the uno to the TX pin on the HC05 it causes the HC05 to reboot and then it will not pair with the slave, as soon as I disconnect the TX pin the HC05 reboots and pairs with the slave no problem.
Does anyone out there have any knowledge as to if there is a conflict with the sainsmart ?
Thanks in advance

The problem is whenever I connect the TX pin from the uno to the TX pin on the HC05 it causes the HC05 to reboot and then it will not pair with the slave, as soon as I disconnect the TX pin the HC05 reboots and pairs with the slave no problem.

Personally, I would expect to connect the TX pin of the Arduino to the RX pin of the HC-05 and to connect the RX pin of the Arduino to the TX pin of the HC-05.

As these are transceivers RX TX pins would be connected respectively, it would appear although the bob is 5v the RX TX pins on the HC05 and logic is 3v and he Arduino TX Pin is 5v.
It appears a voltage divider is the order of the day.