UNO ADAPTOR SHIELD FOR LCD - says only for 2.4" ?

does anyone know if this shield adaptor in the pic from here shouldn't work with this 3.2 TFT Display see this pic
I read this on the website for the adaptor:
EDL UNO shield only support EDL 2.4” TFT LCD with Arduino UNO

But the interface looks the same for the 3.2 vs 2.4 ??

Thanks
Russell

adapter_shield.jpg

tft.jpg

adapter_shield.jpg

tft.jpg

The Adapter shield says that it contains 74HC541 buffers. I can't read the part numbers from the photo.
There does not appear to be a schematic or a manual.

There are not enough pins on a UNO for the 8080-16 Parallel interface used by your TFT display.

Which means that an Adapter is going to use some tricks. e.g. use a latch.
Without a manual or knowing what i.c.s are on the pcb we have no idea.

I suggest that you buy a "Uno Display Shield" if you want to use a Uno.
Or buy a "Mega Display Shield" if you want to use a MEGA2560.
Or buy a "40-pin Adapter Shield for Mega2560" + "TFT320QVT_9341" + "MEGA2560"

If you have already bought the "ACM UNO ADAPTOR SHIELD FOR LCD" and the "TFT320QVT_9341" please Google for Adapter Manual and schematic

David.

david_prentice:
There are not enough pins on a UNO for the 8080-16 Parallel interface used by your TFT display.

Hi thanks for the reply. I understand the need for the adapter. I already have the lcd in the pic, but just need to buy an adapter. (Either for uno or mega; My local supplier has the uno one). since this uno adapter will fit the uno and it has the 40 pin interface for the TFT, I can't see why it matters whether the display is 3.2 inch or 2.4 (maybe it's just to match the physical adapter size to the lcd for mounting ??
these seem to be the relevant links: schematic for adapter
lcd interface schematics

Your last link seems to mention the TFT_320QVT_9341 and jumper J3 to select 8080-8 8-bit interface.
But I don't see any J3 on the BangGood link.

If you can select 8-bit interface the Uno Adapter should be ok.

If you are stuck with 16-bit interface I suggest that you buy a Mega2560 Adapter.

David.

ok, thanks I see my display is 16 bit - I thought this was handled by latches in the adapter as well.
So no good with uno I guess