Uno board mic controller

my Uno board micro controller is Mega328p-pu, since wrong operation, it was damaged, so I order new one, the part I received from Digikey is Mega328p-u, it does not work,I can not load my program in. I order another uno board, the new uno board also has Mega328p-u controller. same problem to load program. what is the different between Mega328p-pu and Mega328p-u? Thanks!

(deleted)

Theoretically, there is no difference. Microchip just changed the way the chips are labeled after they bought Atmel. In practice, some changes were made around the same time but you should still be able to use these chips just the same.

wendyliu:
it was damaged, so I order new one, the part I received from Digikey is Mega328p-u

What do you mean by “new one”? Did you order a whole new Uno, or just a replacement ATmega328P?

wendyliu:
I order another uno board, the new uno board also has Mega328p-u controller. same problem to load program.

Please do this:

• File > Preferences > Show verbose output during: > compilation (uncheck) > upload (check) > OK
  • Sketch > Upload
  • After the upload fails you’ll see a button on the right side of the orange bar “Copy error messages”. Click that button.
  • Paste the error messages in a reply here USING CODE TAGS (</> button on the forum toolbar).