UNO quit working

I was using my UNO board, uploaded a program and opened the serial terminal. So once I was done I quit every thing and put up the arduino for a few minutes. I come back to work on the program some more and the TX is stuck high, the PWM pin 3 is stuck at around 75% and the arduino is not responsive to anything. So I upload the program onto my Deumilanove and it works just fine I did every thing I did with the UNO and it still worked just fine. I tried uploading a new program (blink) and manually reset it but still no luck.

any advice?

I tried uploading a new program (blink) and manually reset it but still no luck.

What errors does the IDE report when trying to upload?

You did remember to change the board type and com port number selection for the UNO?

Lefty

yes I did change the port from ttyUSB0 to ttyACM0, I also changed the board type.

The error was: Serial port '/dev/ttyACM0' not found.

I also tried a different computer.

I also checked my /dev folder to make sure the device was reconised and there was ttyACM0 there. (I run linux, debian bassed, but I also tried on windows)

Do you see any messages in the system log (use the dmesg command) when you plug in the UNO?

[26282.226471] usb 2-1.1: new full speed USB device using ehci_hcd and address 53 [26282.319495] usb 2-1.1: configuration #1 chosen from 1 choice [26282.319780] cdc_acm 2-1.1:1.0: ttyACM0: USB ACM device