Uno serial speed problem

Hi there,

I'm working on a project that uses an MPU6050 sensor connected to a LilyPad that sends the data with LilyPad-XBee to an Arduino Uno with an XBee shield(Cooking Hacks - Electronic and IoT Kits, tutorials and guides for Makers and Education) that is connected to a computer.
I am reading the received data with a Node.js script and use it to control a WebGl visualisation.

MPU6050---LilyPad---LilyPad-XBee - - - - > ArduinoXBee---Arduino Uno---USB of Macbook Air---NodeJs---HTML

I fought through myself a lot of little issues but made the data go through at then end.

Only one problem left that I can't solve:
If I see the receiving Serial stream in the Arduino Serial Monitor the data streams fast (thousands of characters per second) and more or less continuously but in CoolTerm and NodeJS the data arrives in batches and only about a hundred character arrives every second. The batches arrive periodically, roughly once per second.

I can send the LilyPad code but as the data looks good in the Serial Monitor I think it's sent correctly and the problem is the way CoolTerm and my NodeJS script accesses the Serial port.

I use node-serial(GitHub - serialport/node-serialport: Access serial ports with JavaScript. Linux, OSX and Windows. Welcome your robotic JavaScript overlords. Better yet, program them!) and my code that reads the Uno's serial output is this:

var SerialPort = require("serialport").SerialPort

var serialPort = new SerialPort("/dev/tty.usbmodemfd121", {
  baudrate: 9600
});

serialPort.on("open", function () {
  console.log('open');
  serialPort.on('data', function(data) {
    console.log('data received: ' + data);
  });  
});

What do I do wrong or how else could I access the data faster?

Thanks in advance,
Gabor

you should increase baudrate: 9600 to a higher value,

typical values are 19200, 38400, 57600, 115200