[UNO] uploading error

Below is the error I get when trying to upload program. I do not see port itself where I can go set port preferences in device manager:

Arduino: 1.6.9 (Windows 7), Board: "Arduino/Genuino Uno"

Sketch uses 3,922 bytes (12%) of program storage space. Maximum is 32,256 bytes.
Global variables use 242 bytes (11%) of dynamic memory, leaving 1,806 bytes for local variables. Maximum is 2,048 bytes.
avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device "\.\COM1": The system cannot find the file specified.

try unplugging (for 10sec or so) and plugging the usb cable into the computer (not the board) again.
Also try restarting the IDE with the cable unplugged and then plug it in.
Make sure the Port -> com port is ticked when it turns up.

Hello, I also like your error, you have a solution yet?
Please share with me, thank you !

I don't have the problem myself but have seen it on a couple of my systems in the past.

There is a very good tool for finding answers to this issue.

No its not software.
No its not a personal assistant.
Its something most of us use every day in some form.

If you scroll UP to the top of the page there is a box with a small magnifying glass on it.

Now if you paste some or part of the error like maybe "avrdude: ser_open(): can't open device" it yanks you off to GOOGLE but almost all the links come back here to the many people have have had that same error.

Many of those seem to have been fixed with one method or another.
Just saying it doesn't harm to use some of the wonderful tools this forum provides for us all.

I would throw a few links in to the answers but there are way too many and they might not be specific enough to your OS etc etc etc.