UNO+WiFi: Can't connect to one server (my ISP). Can you?

I have an (official) Arduino Uno + WiFi which I can use to connect to any web server I point it at. However, whenever I try to point it to my particular Internet Service Provider (www.iinet.com), which is where I am able to create my own HTML and PHP pages, the device can not establish a successful connection. I’ve asked my ISP is they could be denying non-standard browser requests, but they say any request over port 80 should work. The frustrating thing is that if I use any other valid domain name, the connection works fine!

I’d love to know if anybody else could point their WiFi shield to www.iinet.com as see if you can get any data back. Is it just something I’m doing wrong, or is it the ISP server?

Here is the code I’m using (based off the example code provided for the WiFi shield). I added a comment to the area of code that fails with my ISP. Any help would be appreciated!

#include <WiFi.h>

char ssid[] = "MY NETWORK NAME";     //  your network SSID (name) 
char pass[] = "MY WIFI PASSWORD";    // your network password
int status = WL_IDLE_STATUS;     // the Wifi radio's status
IPAddress ip;
char server[]="www.iinet.com";
WiFiClient client; 

void setup() {
  // initialize serial:
  Serial.begin(9600);

// attempt to connect using WPA2 encryption:
  Serial.println("Attempting to connect to WPA network...");
  status = WiFi.begin(ssid, pass);

// if you're not connected, stop here:
  if ( status != WL_CONNECTED) { 
    Serial.println("Couldn't get a wifi connection");
    while(true);
  } 
  // if you are connected, print out info about the connection:
  else {
    Serial.println("Connected to network");

ip = WiFi.localIP();
    Serial.println(ip);

if (client.connect( server, 80)) {
      // ****  THIS NEVER GETS EXECUTED BECAUSE client.connect() returns FALSE..... *****
      Serial.println("connected to server.");
      client.println("GET  / HTTP/1.1");
      client.println();
    }
  }
}

void loop() {
  // if there are incoming bytes available 
  // from the server, read them and print them:
  while (client.available()) {
    char c = client.read();
    Serial.write(c);
  }

// if the server's disconnected, stop the client:
  if (!client.connected()) {
    Serial.println();
    Serial.println("disconnecting from server.");
    client.stop();

// do nothing forevermore:
    while(true);
  }
}

Your ISP is not refusing standard port 80 requests. I am connecting and downloading your ISP's home page (really large page) on my ethernet shield. I'm using a modified version of this code:
http://playground.arduino.cc/Code/WebClient
The sketch in the playground uses an ip address for the server, but i changed that to a character array.

char server[] = "www.iinet.com";

Then you need to change this to accept a character array as the server.

byte getPage(char* ipBuf,int thisPort, char *page)

Thanks for helping me look into this SurferTim. Good to know that the ISP is not refusing connections from hardware devices. That leaves me wondering whether there could be an issue with the WiFi shield.

I've looked at the examples you've provided and see that the basic logic is similar to the code I've posted above. The core problem I'm having is that whenever I call "client.connect( server, 80);", I get a "false" as the return value whenever server="www.iinet.com", and I get a "true" as the result whenever server is anything else.

I'm sure the WiFi shield and the Ethernet Shield are not too dissimilar, but I'd really appreciate somebody with a WiFi shield testing their connection to www.iinet.com and seeing if you get the same results as me. If not, would you be so kind as to post the code you used to achieve a successful connection?