UNO3 + external power supply

Hi all! UNO 3 works fine when powered by USB, when using External Power Supply 9V, 2A - board does not respond. Even if simple blink sketch loaded and plugged into 9V it has both led indicators lit - no blink. Could you get me back on the rails - Im totally upset. Thanks

So, to be clear. When you do the following steps your board doesnt preform blink?

• Connect to pc
  • Upload blink
  • It blinks now
  • remove usb
  • connect External supply

Biggest question, what supply do you use (more spec or a link or something)?

thanks for reply, yes, when the blink sketch uploaded and powered by USB the board does blink. Then, remove USB, plug in External Power Supply and led becomes lit constantly. The power led is lit and the pin13 is also lit.The power supply I am using is 9-36V, 2A. When set to 9V the multimeter is reading near 9V. The link to the adapter or the name of the brand I will post later when I get home, but for sure it has positive voltage on the inside pin of the plug.

My guess, it's a bad power supply which does not output clean DC.

You probably have a USB charger somewhere in your house. Test it with that (that's a better power supply anyway for the Arduino).

Its NIMO Electronic ALM094, 220VCA, 50/60Hz, 9-24V CA, 2A, 48W
Do you think the problem is definitely in the DC Adapter?

veryval:
Its NIMO Electronic ALM094, 220VCA, 50/60Hz, 9-24V CA, 2A, 48W
Do you think the problem is definitely in the DC Adapter?

Are you sure it is a DC adapter?

It says 220 Vca
Then it says 9,0V/12,0V/15,0V/18,0V/20,0V/24,0Vca

If Vca means alternating voltage, then that would suggest, it outputs in AC.
Unless I am not understanding the Spanish.

to be honest, I am also not sure what is the real story with that thing... would you suggest getting different Power Supply or is there the way to overcome the problem?

buy something like this http://www.ebay.es/itm/Alimentador-9v-1A-conector-jack-DC-cargador-Arduino-tiras-led-/221724627959?hash=item339fd153f7:g:~PYAAOSwqu9VEhw4

that other supply outputs in AC

Thanks for your help!

How about using the diode bridge to convert to DC?

How about using the diode bridge to convert to DC?

Why not?
Get the ratings right for current and voltage and a sizeable electrolytic capacitor and you have a spare PSU

If you want to recify it be sure to use a good sized capacitor. If you only power the Arduino then a small one is okay. But as a rule of thumb, 2000uF for every amp you want.

Or just get yourself a USB charger. It's by far the best and easiest way to power a Arduino :slight_smile: