UNO32 and Mega25602 serial communication

Hello

I am trying to have a serial communication between two micro controllers (mega and Uno) where the Uno micro controller will send a signal when sensor is touched in order to move a servo motor connected to the Mega.

I am trying to send a Char from the Uno32 to it. but the mega is not receiving neither the Receiver led is blinking.

These are the serial block in the code:

MEGA: Receiver

if ( Serial1.available()) { sensorSerialData= Serial1.read(); val= Serial1.parseInt();

if (val== 3){ int j=9; while(j!=0){ myservo1.write(170); myservo2.write(0);

delay(400); myservo1.write(90); myservo2.write(90); j--;

}

Uno:Transmitter:

if(sensorvalue4 == HIGH ) {

Serial1.write(3); digitalWrite(laughing, LOW); delay(500); }

plz help where do you think is the error?

sensorSerialData= Serial1.read();   // this line gets the 3 out of the buffer
          val= Serial1.parseInt();         // Now there's nothing left for this one to read

Since you're using write to send the 3 raw and not ascii, I don't think parseInt is what you want. Just stick with the one in sensorSerialData

I don't know anything about the Chipkit Uno32 so let's assume you have that part right.

Have you the connections correct ? Rx to Tx, Tx to Rx and GND to GND.

Look at the examples in serial input basics for simple reliable ways to receive data.

And please use the code button when posting code

...R

Delta_G:  sensorSerialData= Serial1.read();   // this line gets the 3 out of the buffer          val= Serial1.parseInt();         // Now there's nothing left for this one to read

Since you're using write to send the 3 raw and not ascii, I don't think parseInt is what you want. Just stick with the one in sensorSerialData

Thanks for your reply appreciate it

however i have tried this one before, i mean sticking with only sensorSerialData= Serial1.read(); still no luck

When i send an integer to the mega does it receive it as integer or do i have to convert it there as well?

nadeen1192: Thanks for your reply appreciate it

however i have tried this one before, i mean sticking with only sensorSerialData= Serial1.read(); still no luck

When i send an integer to the mega does it receive it as integer or do i have to convert it there as well?

Depends on how you send it. Since you are sending it with the write command and not the print command, there shouldn't be any need for conversion. What you receive should be a 3.

Post that other try and let's see what's wrong with it.