unresponsive linux side

Hello,

I suspect the Linux side of my Yun may be hosed, but I hope maybe someone can suggest something I can try that I haven't attempted yet.

Right out of the box, I accessed the Yuns WiFi, found and selected my WiFi network and entered PSK, then saved/restarted. After waiting several minutes after the restart I didn't see the Yun on my wireless network (I checked on my AP). Unplugged and plugged back in after this, no luck there, still not on my wifi.

Next I attempted plugging the Yun in with Ethernet, no luck there, never get a link light on my network switch.

I've tried accessing with the Arduino IDE (v1.6.9) provided YunSerialTerminal sketch, but no luck here, nothing shown on the serial monitor. I tried this many many times with a few different micro USB cables, baud rates (should be 115200/newline though), even OSes (Win 10 and Fedora).

Finally, I've tried pressing/holding the WLAN RST for 5+/10+/30+ seconds, again no luck, never saw the Yun's WiFi network advertised.

The 32U4 side of the Yun has zero problems, I've tried several sketches here all with expected results.

Am I missing anything? Is he dead Jim?

The WLAN RST button will have no effect until the Linux side is fully booted up. Since it doesn't sound like Linux is booting, that button will have no effect.

My suggestion is to load the Yun Serial Terminal sketch, and connect to it with the Serial Monitor. Then, while watching the serial monitor, press the YUN RST button (not either of the two other reset buttons.) You should be able to see at least the beginning of the boot sequence. Give it time to print out all that it's going to print, and when nothing else has come out for 30 seconds or so, copy it all and paste it here. That will give us a good idea of what it's trying to do.

ShapeShifter:
The WLAN RST button will have no effect until the Linux side is fully booted up. Since it doesn't sound like Linux is booting, that button will have no effect.

My suggestion is to load the Yun Serial Terminal sketch, and connect to it with the Serial Monitor. Then, while watching the serial monitor, press the YUN RST button (not either of the two other reset buttons.) You should be able to see at least the beginning of the boot sequence. Give it time to print out all that it's going to print, and when nothing else has come out for 30 seconds or so, copy it all and paste it here. That will give us a good idea of what it's trying to do.

Thanks for reply.

Unfortunately, still nothing printed on the serial console after connecting and single pressing the Yun RST (not WLAN RST). Not sure it makes any difference but also tried long pressing the Yun RST, also no luck.