The Uno I built to control our solar hot water system used to work reliably (mainly through the winter months) but has recently been resetting itself over and over, mainly between 2:AM and 7:AM. I need the controller to be reliable. Please let me know if you can think of anything I can do to make it function correctly all the time.
I have attached a document (Uno Resets and what I’ve done) explaining the problem, the system that the Uno controls, major components, and things I’ve done to try to eliminate the resets, plus my observations. I’m not terribly experienced with Arduinos, but I’m doing the best I can with code and electronics. I placed this request for help in the General Electronics sub-forum because I think I’ve determined the problem is not the code (at least, not completely). But again, I’m not an expert.
I’m sorry for all the information I’m including - there is a LOT of it. But I’ve done enough reading in the forums here to know that the folks who help generally want to see everything at first, rather than having to ask for more after only an excerpt is provided.
UPDATE: I didn’t realize that PDFs and .ZIP files were not normal here on the forum. I’ve removed those files, and have replaced them with .JPG and .TXT files.
Please see attachments~~, namely~~
(1) Unwanted Resets and what I’ve done (PDF)
(2) Unwanted Resets Sketch (PDF)
(3) Unwanted Resets SolarController schematic, a zipped PDF of Fritzing Breadboard
(4) Unwanted Resets Screen Shots smaller, a zipped PDF Document with screen shots from the many videos I’ve recorded, showing 4 screens of normal behavior by the system, followed by several representative failures.
(1) Schematic (JPG)
(2) Full sketch (TXT)
(3) Resets and what I’ve done (TXT)
If you can see what I’m doing wrong, please share a possible solution with me.
Solar Controller - Full Sketch.txt (34.3 KB)
Unwnated Resets and what I’ve done.txt (36.8 KB)