Up / Down Counter Going Wireless

hi,

i have a working up down counter, press a button, the number counts up, press another button the counter counts down.

easy peasy, but its wired in with 2 x 15ft cables, and id like to make it wireless, and add multiple ups and downs.

ive seen the simple bluetooth modules, the JY-MCU, or rs232 ttl module, and whilst i have 1 of these for each of the senders, and 1 for the receiver are there any known issues with using 3 bluetooth modules on one piece of kit?

i understand that i will have to have an arduino for each button, and then one in the counter (of which to keep small ill use a attiny45 or the like)

thanks for the input!

You can use one of these http://www.lightobject.com/Crystal-lock-4CH-RF-Remote-Control-with-learning-Great-for-Arduino-PIC-P746.aspx Press a button, one of the 4 outputs goes active. Have the receiving arduino read the buttons (or use interrupts) and count up, down, clear, whatever.

awesome! that solves the having to make a box too!

thanks

kelvinmead: ive seen the simple bluetooth modules, the JY-MCU, or rs232 ttl module, and whilst i have 1 of these for each of the senders, and 1 for the receiver are there any known issues with using 3 bluetooth modules on one piece of kit?

You seem to be sorted out but AFAIK the BT modules only pair with one device at a time so two sender & one receiver would not have worked well, if at all.

kelvinmead: t i have 1 of these for each of the senders, and 1 for the receiver are there any known issues with using 3 bluetooth modules on one piece of kit?

I don't think that is a goer. I understand blueteeth only work in pairs. You could use NRF24s instead. They can be networked, and operate in a similar environment for a similar cost to bluetooth.