Upcoming Project question

Hello everyone. I am going to be doing a project soon for my nephew and I just wanted to know some small details if this can work or not. I am going to build a small drivetrain with a servo to control three foam heads (he is a horror fanatic) anyways I will spare you guys with the long details of what this will be just my question.

I want the servo to turn only 90 degrees when commanded, and then another 90 degrees on a second command so my question is. Can the arduino board respond to say like a batch file? Like if I execute say file1.bat the servo will turn the first 90 and then if I click file2 bat can it turn another 90? I know you need to code the board and then upload it to the arudino board, but i've seen some youtube videos being able to have almost real time interaction with the board, or maybe I misunderstood there video.

Thanks in advance.

Can the arduino board respond to say like a batch file?

Where are you going to run this batch file? What is in the batch file?

If you put the appropriate commands in the batch file (something that sends data to the serial port that the Arduino is connected to) and you program the Arduino appropriately, then the Arduino can respond to a batch file.

I know you need to code the board and then upload it to the arudino board, but i've seen some youtube videos being able to have almost real time interaction with the board, or maybe I misunderstood there video.

Yes, the Arduino can react, in very close to real time, to an application on the PC that sends data to the serial port. If you write the Arduino and PC code correctly that is.

The only reason I say batch file is because I will be using eventghost to send a command to it, but eventghost uses python and I thought (barely learning about arduino) couldnt be written in python. So when I click a macro in eventghost it would excute a batch file to turn the servo 90 and then would click another batch file to make it turn another 90 degrees.

but eventghost uses python and I thought (barely learning about arduino) couldnt be written in python.

The Arduino can not be programmed using Python. However, the language on the PC has nothing to do with the language used to program the Arduino. Most languages provide some mechanism for talking to/reading from a serial port. The Arduino certainly does, and Python does, too.

So, the Python script could send some data to the serial port, which the Arduino could read.