@arduinomastercomau: interesting, because I imported my zip-file based sketch with 9 parts. One ino, 4 .h, and 4 .cpp files. Worked perfect.
@arduinomastercomau sorry to hear that! Could you please share your zip with us?
July 11 release: Fixed Plugin discovery for slow connections Fixed section bug when displaying all files and folders in Sketchbook panel Fixed save bug with Autosave and Verify w/o saving option in Preferences Fixed void metadata for examples Fixed last sketch loading Fixed download on blank tab on Getting Started flow on Safari Various CSS fixes on Preview page
July 21 release: Fixed show examples for just imported library Fixed navigation for mobile landscape mode Fixed autoscroll disabled behavior in Serial Monitor Added 'copy link' and 'open preview' buttons to share popup Added donate button for users with more than 3 sketches Fixed homepage navigation link Sketch now saved all together and fixed file rename bug Search and filter libraries and examples refactoring Support for Pro and Pro Mini Updated tab style
10 August release: The Arduino Web Editor is now available to anyone with an Arduino ID, no need for an invite anymore :)
August 24 release: Fixed remote upload on Yun Fixed issue on AVRdude and Windows PCs Fixed plugin wrong paused behavior in OOBE on clean machine Removed logged in check and tip bubble on Getting Started flow Fixed fullscreen bug on side panels Fixed wrong Serial Monitor message on board unplugged Added 'What is Arduino Create' on create.arduino.cc that links to the blogpost (Create tile has also been added to arduino.cc) Forum is now linking to the specific Create board
September 29 release:
A lot of changes under the hood, hopefully you won't notice anything strange:
- Changed the backend of the custom libraries and examples
- Changed the backend of the compilation of sketches
- New retired category for old libraries
A couple of things that you'll notice instead (and appreciate, hopefully)
- Import of multiple custom libraries at once
- A way to restore an example to its original state after modifications
- A lot of bugfixes about compilation (the Lilypad should work now)
October 20 release:
- Fixed download tool
- Fixed network upload
- Fixed SD library issue
- Fixed fastled library issue
- Fixed contextual menu issue on scroll
- Fixed tabs dropdown when huge number of files
- Implemented examples sharing
- Improved error reporting on compile
October 26 release:
- Microsoft Edge Support (still some issues on serial monitor rendering, so warning message will be displayed for Edge users)
- Added AWS logo (thanks AWS!)
- Fixed board flavour handling
- Fixed issue on import file size limit
- Fixed modals on tablet/mobile
- Fixed issue on toggle search on libraries panel
- Added news on notifications
Hi, I don't know if this is really a bug or if I misused the tool as I'm new to Arduino Web Editor, but here I go : I uploaded a customized version of the IRremote library in which I added a personal remote type, then I included it in my sketch. But on compilation the tool seems not to take into account my library and uses the one from the Hub ; my added functions are not recognized. Is there a way to make the compiler prioritize personal libraries over those from the community ?
This topic seems to cover your issue.
You never know what you can find with a quick search.
is anything being done about the virus that norton is finding in the plugin?
I ran everything through a few online virus scanners and the found nothing as I found Avast was spending too much time in the sandbox although it came up clean every time
Probably a false positive from Norton (why do people still insist on Norton BLOATWARE ? From a professional standpoint its been OFF my list of AV for a good few years along with Mcaffee
Your best bet is to whitelist it from inside Norton and then submit it to Norton themselves.
The reason some (certainly not all) AV balks at Create is simply due to the fact that you are coding in "C" online and AV looks for that type of behaviour where code changes from what it may have just looked at and passed as OK. (simply put)
The best way to get rid of slow downs in Create is to whitelist the whole Create process and directory along with its other areas.
If you wish to complain that the method is insecure you also have to remember you said OK to allowing the Certificate to be installed and said OK to firewall exception.
Most important was the Certificate which was installed partly for security purposes.
If you have any doubts about any of the files there are plenty of reputable places you can submit them online and get an instant answer as to its liability. (But dont bother using Norton as you know thats already a false positive) VirusTotal is one of the more trusted along with ESET , Kaspersky, Avira etc etc etc.
December 7 Release:
You can now import the whole sketchbook (sketches + libraries). Here a tutorial about how to migrate your sketchbook from Codebender.
You can now select multiple sketches and delete, move or download them.
January 25 release:
- Sketches and User API refactored
- Implemented volume and sketches number limits
- Graphic fixes
- Shortcut fixes
- Fix fqbn handling
- Pragma message error workaround
- Arduino/Genuino boards on top of the list
- Updated notifcations
February 8 release:
- fixed export custom libraries
- open custom lib panel on import
- multiple file import in sketch
- fixed folder sketches counter
- fixed sketch not saved notification in Firefox and removed data not saved from getting started
- fixed move sketches issue (it was generating random duplicates)
- fixed default preferences issue
- fixed minor issue on shortcuts
- added barber shop for big files saving
- optimized /compile API call
- updated angulartics
- added store links for new boards
Release Feb 21: Fixed check on upload file size Fixed delete temporary sketch Fixed delete custom library Fixed shortcuts issues Updated drone config Implemented clickable urls in ace editor Fixed focus and scroll after context menu action Implemented use spaces for tab in sketches as in examples Fixed images size in preview page Improved copy from serial monitor Fixed scrolling issue for tooltips in library manager popup Fixed export sketch from preview page Fixed graphic issues for Safari Fixed search examples issue
- New version of the plugin (1.1.52) that will solve a problem with the 101 and some issues with the Serial Monitor on Windows. If any of you installed the development version of the plugin please redo the Getting Started flow and reinstall it. The dev version will not auto update when a new plugin version will become available, so it is best to have the stable version installed.
- Fixed download examples
- Fixed default board selection
- Fixed empty readme on first sketch, causing saving error
- Fixed shortcuts’ shortcut
Require agent update (fix for Due Programming post on Windows)
Fixed single sketch / folder in sketchbook delete
Save error temporary workaround
Tutorials on Help panel
When will ATtiny boards be supported in the web editor ?